Short answer: Yes, you really need life insurance. But there are a few circumstances under which it’s absolutely critical that you have life insurance:
· You have kids: If you have kids, having a life insurance policy on yourself is the best possible way to protect your kids. If your salary is lost, how will your family afford clothes, food, a house to live in and a good education? Life insurance can make up for the shortfall of an active income.
· You have someone who depends on your salary: Maybe it’s a spouse or an elderly parent. What would happen if your salary disappeared? Would they be able to maintain their lifestyle, or would they be left scrambling to survive?
· You have a large mortgage or car payment: Losing a family member is traumatic enough without immediately having to worry about losing your car or finding another place to live. Even if your significant other has a job, losing that second income may make it impossible for them to stay in the same house or keep their car. Help your family keep living the life to which they’ve become accustomed.
· You want to plan for retirement: Life insurance can benefit you even during your lifetime. Whole and universal life insurance plans can help you save money or even earn money through interest, and can be an integral part of your retirement plan.
Still not sure if you need insurance, or want to find out which policy is right for you? We’ll walk you through everything you need to know, and help you find a product that’s perfect for you and your family. Call Region Insurance Group today! We’re here to help.
- The Region Insurance Group Team – Servicing Illinois and Indiana, especially Chicago, its suburbs and Northwest Indiana